Thursday, April 9, 2009

How would you do on an American Civics Exam....

I heard about this civics test and just how bad people do on it. It's a test of a citizen's knowledge of the our country's history and government. Apparently the average score is 49%, which is an F. I thought I would take it, thinking I would do pretty well but it was a little harder than I thought. I got 24/33 correct which is a 72%. I was a little disappointed until I read through the all of the average scores. In fact you'll find that people that have served in the government in some capacity actually have a lower average score, 44%, than that of the regular citizens. It is a bit frightening to me that people serving as elected officials would score so low, but it does not surprise me.

Click here to take the test....

No comments:

Look in the mirror, there is your leader.....